THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS, THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE ARE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.
REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON 8-9-2011

Tuesday, 8-9-2011, I rode the Harley down to RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON, here in Wichita Falls Texas, to see the folks there, look at the new bikes and drool, and to take pictures for a post on the blog. I had forgotten that this week past weekend had kicked off the Sturgis rally and a lot of the staff had gone up to attend. But, a few of my favorite folks and friends had stayed behind to keep things rolling at the            dealership. Join me on this short visit and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE                             PICTURE  BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.                                                          



RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON is located at US-287 & City View Rd. which is on the NorthWest side of the city.The actual address is 4514 NorthWest Fwy, Wichita Falls Texas. The phone number to the dealership is: 940-264-7743. Look for this signature sign either North or South bound on the freeway and you're there..

 The front of RRHD as you pull in off of the service road. Motorcycles can park on the other side of the horse and cars & trucks on the service road side.

My Harley parked in the motorcycle parking area at RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON..


                                     
Another view of my bike at the dealership motorcycle parking area. I got there right after they opened because it was supposed to get to 111 degrees out this afternoon and I wanted to be back at the house before then.
  
 Some of the outstanding used bikes are parked out front.

 Some more used bikes. There is no shortage of new or used  Harley's here at RED RIVER HARLEY-DAVIDSON.

 More used bikes out front and they are priced right for just about anybody wanting to get set up with a Harley and join the ever growing family of Harley-Davidson owners.

There are plenty of Ultra's and Classic's there also. I really like this Screamin" Eagle Ultra Classic..

Here is Amber hard at work in her office. She is smiling more than usual because her son is returning to the United States from his tour in Afghanistan. And as a PGR member, I am very proud that Amber supports our military and raised a son who is patriotic and willing to sacrifice his time and go in Harm's Way to serve our Country. Thank you Amber and thank your son, for all of us in the PGR, for his service and dedication to the United States and for doing his part to keep us free.;.

And here is the always happy and hard working, Ginger. I really like her be cause I am usually lost when I go in there to buy some t-shirts or accessories, and she will go out of her way to look for what I need in the         back if I can't find it.Usually, she just walks up to me and points to an item on a shelf right in front of me         where the item I want is located. I am the same way at home. Feel free to ask Janice about this when you see her. I can't find anything and more times than not, it is right in front of me where she said it was....

 And here is my favorite sales person there at RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON, Wendi. I asked her what happened to her foot and she twisted it when she fell down. Tell you what, she was walking, talking and looked like she was in a lot of pain. But she maintained that she was ok and pressed on with her work.. Now that is the kind of dedication that is common with most of the employees at RRHD. They all like working there and they meet all kinds of characters and that would be enough for me to be happy. I like meeting folks and most of the ones I run into are a hoot!

I had to go back to RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON on Wednesday 8-10-2011, to drop some colors off with Terri at the service counter to be sewn on a vest (will be on the Guardians of the Children-Red River Chapter blog at: http://rrgoc5.blogspot.com) and I went to Wendi to get a picture of her tattoo. So, here she is, showing her ink. Looks good Wendi!

Here is Choyce and one day he will be the salesman that puts me on a new Harley. I was going to buy the new 2012 Harley Switchback until Steve (friend and former co-worker) called and wanted to sell me his bike. He had gotten injured and messed up his back and couldn't ride any more. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse and that's how I ended up with my 2006 Road King.


This was the 2nd time I told Choyce I was going to let him sell me a bike and the second time I got offers that I just couldn't pass up. I apologized to Choyce for doing that to him and told him, yet again, that he was going to be the one to sell me my next Harley. Being the friend and person that he is, he accepted my apology with a " you don't need to apologize, I am happy that you got what you wanted and that it was a heck of a deal you got".

This is the Harley Switchback I wanted. I figured since Janice isn't going to ride with me anytime soon (my accident remains fresh in her mind, and I don't blame her) that this bike would be great for me to ride solo, local and cross country.But the Road King with work... This is Larry & Alice, and they are fellow members of the Red River Chapter 1757 of H.O.G. And they go on a lot of rides with us and they ride a Harley Tri-Glide and they sure do love that trike!


For all of you frequent viewers and readers of the North Texas Biker blog, you will recognize this guy. He was the manager of the FOUR STARS MOTORCYCLE RANCH in Henrietta. When Four Stars closed down the motorcycle sales, Charlie (above) moved to RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON. You will be seeing a lot of Charlie on the blog because I spend a lot of time at the dealership and Charlie's office is in the middle of the showroom, so you can 't miss him.

Some of the new bikes on the showroom floor.

 This Ultra Classic has the same paint scheme as my Road King. This red might be a little lighter red than my bike, but it's close enough.

 More of the new bikes on the showroom floor.
They also carry baby & kid's clothes. We bought our future grandson (due to be on the planet, breathing air, on Nov 18, 20110) one of these wooden Harley Rocking chairs, a "too cool to drool" Harley T-shirt and a pair of black Harley booties. I'm not sure how my daughter & son-in-law feel about it, but ol' grandpa here is gonna keep him in Harley attire until I depart from the planet.

 More new bikes on the showroom floor. There is no shortage of bikes here. If you are looking for a Harley and live in the North Texas/Southern Oklahoma area, go visit the folks at RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON and they will help you get the ride of your life. There are many motorcycles out there and I will not dis any of them, but, personally, there is NOTHING that compares to a Harley. and before the comments start, I have  owed and ridden, Honda's, Yamaha's and Kawasaki's and enjoyed them all, But, if I have to explain why there is NOTHING like a Harley, you probably wouldn't understand anyway. Just sayin.....

 Much to my delight and many others, RRHD is expanding their biker patches with a lot more to choose from.

I plan on getting one of the Harley rings in the foreseeable future. They have quite a selection of rings and other biker jewelry also. The ladies will love all the bling there. So guys, be prepared when you go to RRHD with your spouse or girlfriend..

When I left RRHD, the flags had been lowered to half mast. I asked Choyce, who had walked out with me to look at my bike, why they lowered the flags and he told me the bodies of the 30 Navy Seals that were killed in the helicopter crash in Afghanistan, were being returned to the United States today. If you all would pray for the family's of these American Heroes, it will be  appreciated by all concerned and ALL of America should pray as these men/women died while serving to protect us.

This will end this post. I enjoyed going down to RED RIVER HARLEY DAVIDSON and seeing Choyce, Amber, Wendi and Terri. If you are ever in the area or live in the area, stop in and say hi and take a bandanna with you because you will drool on the great looking bikes there!

Scroll down for more rides, runs and events and don't forget to click on the "OLDER POSTS" at bottom of each page or underneath the last post on the page,

Continue to pray for ALL of our troops both in and out of Harms Way; especially for Che Whitaker, Chris Drage and Fred Hughes, all of whom are serving in the Afghanistan Theatre of Operations and  for Pattie Jackson who has been deployed to Qatar..                                                                                             

 Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a swivel, and most importantly of all.............................RIDE SAFE.......................JOHN 

No comments:

Post a Comment